Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Toy Train Depot


At $4.00 the train ride at the Toy Train Depot must be one of the most expensive park trains I've ridden. Although this train runs in a city park it is a private operation and it must pay for the right to do so and earn it's way so that probably explains the high price. The trains are park trains that have been preserved from scraping at other locations. Some of the equipment is 40 years old or more. The trip is one of the longest park rides I've had though there is nothing much special to see. Besides the train ride, there is a toy train museum with all scales on display. The museum is an additional charge.

This is my last ride of this summer quest. There will be a later post to summarize the trip but right now I am getting ready for a two week around the country Amtrak trip. I've started a new blog for that trip that I call Amtrak Bill. If you are interested, the address is amtrakbill.blogspot.com. The trip starts Aug 4th so I don't expect to have much out there before then.

It's been fun. Bill

No comments: