Monday, May 7, 2007

Done with Phoenix ...

Well, I managed to ride all eleven of the railroads that I knew about in the Phoenix area, a lot better than Tucson. It's curious that there are so many park railroads in this area and no full size excursion trains. The Arizona Railway Museum folks do a great job with their museum so maybe they will eventually evolve into an excursion operation as well.

I have no idea how many miles I drove getting to all of these venues, but many more than I had expected, partly because of some errors on my part but also because of some scheduling problems with hours of operation at some of the venues. Eleven will likely be the record for trains ridden in one area. Tomorrow I head for Williams and only have two trains to ride, the Grand Canyon and the Verde Canyon in Clarkdale. Ought to be easy!

1 comment:

Private Sibyl said...

Quite a trip you're on; really fun to read about all the ways people incorporate trains into their lives and businesses. Love the photos, too.