Sunday, July 15, 2007

Estes Park Ride-a-Kart train


The Estes Park Ride-a-Kart train has got to be the oddest looking train I have ridden. The cars and even the locomotive, look like they might have started their life as watering troughs. I've posted a picture on Picasa that give you a nice view of the train. If my watering trough theory is correct, I'll have to say who ever did the conversion did a nice job, especially with the engine. The cab has very nice lines except for that bell which would be about 6 ft in diameter if scaled up to life size. The ride was not very long, out around the batting cage and another of those hokey western "towns" that seem to be so popular. I'll have to say the engineer was the prettiest of all the trains I've ridden and happy to talk about her train.

I'm also guessing that the Ride-a-Kart park is a home grown facility. There were an assortment of activities available with no particular theme but the park was well maintained and clean.

Ride-a-Kart

2 comments:

Hoghead Boomer said...

Actually built by Williams Amusement Device of Denver. I have a similiar looking train only my locomotive is different. Mine came from a city park at Casper, Wyo. I always thought they look more like coffins than horse troughs!There are at least 4 more of these trains in existence.

Hoghead Boomer said...

Actually it was built by Williams Amusement Device of Denver. I have a similiar train, my locomotive is different. Mine came from a city park in Casper, Wyo. I always thought they looked more like coffins than horse troughs! There are at least 4 more of these type trains that I know of.