Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Santas Train


What better way to spend the Fourth of July but at the North Pole. Tuesday night, watching the local news in Colorado Springs, I see this ad for Santas Workshop at the North Pole and a quick flash of a park train. I type in the URL they showed and sure enough, a local amusement park with a Christmas theme is just down the road. A price of $16.95 was discouraging however until I see that anyone over 60 gets in free. After I finished with the Pikes Peak railroad, I went a few miles farther west on Hwy 24 and took advantage of their kind offer. Lady at the ticket counter didn't even want to see my id. She said if you claim to be over 60 they take your word for it. The Northpole is basically a small amusement park set in a mountain forest with many of the usual rides. Everything is painted red and green except the roof of Santas home which is blue. The train is a standard park train and the ride is nothing exceptional. The narration of the history of Pikes Peak was interesting and the pen full of reindeer was unusual. BTW, they claim to have the worlds highest ferris wheel at over 7500 ft.

No comments: